Sunday, December 21, 2014



Hi everybody! I want to remind you all that book 5.5, the Rune Alexander short, will be released on Christmas. PREORDER yours now for only $.99 before they're all gone! Haha, just kidding. We won't run out. ;)

Life is so busy this time of year. Or, I guess I should say, extra busy! I spent the day yesterday shopping (I know, I know, but my mom wanted to go and she doesn't do the whole online shopping thing) and it was...hectic.

Everyone seemed determined to do their shopping yesterday, so every place we went was packed full of harried adults and unhappy children. Yikes.

Every year on his birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas, I get my dad a decently hefty gift card to a different restaurant, because my dad would rather go out to a sit down restaurant and eat than get tools he no longer needs, or clothes, or electronics. He doesn't like to read, except for the bible.

Now, he does like guns and knives, so I got him a nice knife as well.

I got the mom a few odds and ends but also a gift card. She likes the universal gift cards so she can spend them wherever she likes and get things she wants instead of things I might want for her. :)

My son and I have gone more each year toward spending a quiet Christmas at home, eating treats and opening gifts and drinking hot chocolate. We'll have dinner out at a restaurant. I used to cook big meals and invite the extended family, but decided that won't happen anymore unless I hire a cook and clean up crew. :) It's just too much--especially with the very same thing happening a month earlier on Thanksgiving!

I should hate this time of year--several horrific things have happened to me and my family over the last few years in November and December. I should hate it. Not really hate, maybe, but break down when it comes. But I don't. Instead, I do every possible thing I can do to make it a happy time of year. To push away the bad stuff and make good things happen. It's not easy, but I am nothing if not determined.

And I realize how very lucky I am. Everyone has pain. Everyone has experienced tragedy. But I have my home, my son, my friends. I provide for myself doing the job I love most in the world--writing books. I have people who love me, even though I usually hide away in my writing cave because of, you know, the whole introvert thing. :)

My life is good. I need to remember that. To appreciate it. My life is pretty awesome.

A new year is coming up. Go out there and make your life what you want it to be. It's yours. <3

Merry Christmas, everybody!









No comments:

Post a Comment